USDA Loan Requirements
Must make 115% or less of the median income for your county.
Click Below to Find Your County Limit:
The home must be in an eligible USDA area. Click Below to Find Eligible Areas:
Most lenders require a minimum score of 620, but exceptions can be made. Contact us to get in touch with a USDA Specialist and schedule a free credit analysis.
To ensure that your home is safe, the USDA requires a licensed appraiser to appraise and inspect the home to ensure it meets HUD home requirements. If a home is in need of repairs, the borrower or seller can use their own funds or proceeds from the sale of the property to make the repairs needed to pass inspection.
USDA Home Standards
- No termite or pest damage
- Working plumbing, water and sewage disposal (private well and septic is acceptable)
- Functional heating and cooling units in all living areas
- Operational, and up to date, electrical systems
- Structural soundness
Documents Needed for Pre-Approval
- Last 2 years of federal tax returns
- Last 2 years of W2 forms for all jobs
- Most recent month of paystubs
- Last 60 days of bank statements
*Lender may require additional information*